Healthy Breakfast

Friday, September 27, 2013

 Oatmeal with Peanut butter Bananas and Dark Chocolate



 
I love to make oatmeal for breakfast.  It is a great option if you are trying to start or maintain a healthy diet. I know it definitely helped aid in losing the baby weight after my daughter was born. I ate oatmeal every day for a couple months with different mix ins to keep it interesting.  This is my favorite combo though.  

Ingredients
High fiber oatmeal (I buy Quakers brand) This is good for weight loss
Water(to mix with Oatmeal)
Peanut butter (about 2 TBS)
One Banana cut up
Dark chocolate chips(I used Ghiradelli)

All you need to do is prepare your oatmeal according to the box directions and simply mix in the add ins.  Then sprinkle a few dark chocolate chips on top.  The sugar in the chocolate doesn't exactly make it the greatest addition but I validate it by reminding myself that it does contain some antioxidants. My other favorite Mix in for oatmeal is Stonyfield Organic French Vanilla Yogurt with fresh Blueberries.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment ♥ I appreciate each one and love to hear from anyone reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs