Cole's Dinosaur Party!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cole's Dinosaur party!
I can not believe my Cinco de Mayo baby is 4 years old!
Yes Cole was born on Cinco de Mayo exactly one day before he was due lol. I predict his 21st birthday to be quite the occasion considering the holiday. . .

Here is a little throw back pic! 


We originally planned to do a Candyland themed party but Cole's indecisiveness got the better of him and he chose dinosaurs instead! I swear he is so much like me.  I am not capable of making a quick decision without second guessing it.  Our birthdays are only 5 days apart so maybe that's the explanation.

Overall it was a perfect but exhausting day! It was the last party (of my children) of the year which I am kind of relieved about because I love to plan and throw the parties, but it is a lot of work!
Paper Mache dinosaur eggs! 
I put them in a huge plastic bin filled with tissue to look like a nest.

To make the eggs I used tissue paper and elmers glue to paper mache little balloons(and left an opening at the top).  Let them dry overnight filled them with goodies(little dinosaurs, chocolate coins, mini gummy bears, candy necklaces, tattoos and princess stickers for the girls!) 

The kids loved them and a few adults did too!  Lol




The birthday boy!

Dinosaur 'sand" cups made by my fab sister! 
It is hard to tell but those are gummy dinosaurs on top and dark chocolate cadbury eggs.
She used vanilla pudding mixed with cool whip and crushed nilla wafers to make them.
They could not have come out more adorable!



                    Stole these pics of my sister's instagram because I did not take enough pics!






More cake pics!


Party Menu

Apps
Mini hot dogs(brought by my aunt!)
Buffalo chicken bites(my mother in law makes them and the kids love them!)
Strawberries and bananas & marshmallow fruit dip
Taco dip with tostitos chips

Main
Lunch meat & cheese tray
Meatballs
Penne alla Vodka
Deviled eggs

Dessert
Dinosaur cake
Dinosaur egg cupcakes
Dinosaur "sand" cups
Big sugar cookie(with dino eggs baked in)
Dark chocolate brownies

There was tons of food leftover which worked out for me because I got a little vaca from cooking.
I sent some extra cupcakes in with Luke to school for his class to brighten up their Monday!


Thanks to my mom and my sister because without them I would never be able to pull off these parties!
Also to my mother for taking Cole out for the day before for a birthday shopping trip and a haircut!


I also did this grad cake over the weekend!
I have been super busy(with all the parties and cakes!) lately which is why I've been a little MIA on the blog but things are settling down so don't abandon me just yet lol.  I haven't even had time to snap a pic of my new hair yet but soon! When we went out Sat night we were rushing out the door and Miss Emily managed to break the camera on my phone somehow! Have a great rest of the week! 

Hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day! Mine was Ikea plus cheese fries and not having to work the holiday for the first time in a while!  So it was of course perfect.  I'll post my mini ikea shopping spree later in the week! (Love that store!)









5 comments:

  1. How cute is this! I love the little dinosaur eggs. You're so creative!

    daniellecaliforniaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your new hair color!? Or do you and your sister look like twins?! You threw such a wonderful party for him!! I love all your ideas and I lol'd when you said his 21st birthday would be quite the occasion...I'm sure it will :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so great! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super cute!! I love the Dino eggs - best idea ever. You're quite the party planner. :-)
    Dying to see your hair. Pics!!!
    XO - Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a clever idea... and the Dino eggs! You can't get any cuter than that, what a fun & adorable party! It looked like a blast! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment ♥ I appreciate each one and love to hear from anyone reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs