I love pretty much anything involving both cheddar and broccoli. It is such an indulgent and comforting combination. You can serve it as a side dish or add in some chopped roasted chicken to make it into a meal. I like to serve this with Barbecue or Coconut Chicken. Here's what you'll need to make it:
12 Ounce box of Mini Rotini or Macaroni noodles(I used Barilla's White Fiber mini rotini)
One can evaporated Milk
1 Can cheddar cheese soup(This is the secret ingredient to make it extra creamy!)
4 TBS Butter
2 Cups shredded cheese(I like to use Cracker Barrel's marbled sharp cheddar)
1 TBS minced onion
1 Cup petite frozen broccoli
1. Cook your pasta according to box instructions.
2.Saute your broccoli and onion in a pan with Olive Oil.
3. Chop your broccoli into tiny pieces and set aside.
4.Drain your pasta and place it back in the pot you cooked it in.
5. Add your 4 TBS of butter and mix in until melted.
6. Add half the can of evaporated milk.
7. Add in the chopped broccoli and onion and the two cups of Shredded cheddar cheese.
8.Season with Sea salt
9. Stir to combine and serve immediately!(Otherwise it will really start to stick together and become difficult to serve)
Tip: If you want to reheat leftovers put a dab of butter with some milk in a pan and reheat over med low heat to keep from drying out!