Pumpkin Honey Hydration mask!

Friday, October 10, 2014


DIY Pumpkin mask

I love homemade beauty recipes!  I prefer products that are more on the natural side and opt to make my own masks rather than purchase them.   I tried out this pumpkin concoction the other day as it is appropriate to the season and I have quite a stock of canned pumpkin currently. My mom brings it over all the time!(She makes pumpkin cake a lot!) lol  I plan to use some more to make pumpkin cheesecake later on today.  I'm going to try Amanda's recipe over at Kids and Cabernet! (Wish me luck in not devouring half the cake, because it looks to die for and cheesecake is my fave! 



Ingredients for my Pumpkin honey hydration mask!

2 Tbsp Pumpkin (canned will work just fine !)I used canned. Let's be honest I am not putting in the effort required to use fresh pumpkin just for a mask! :)

1 Tbsp Coconut water

1 Tsp Organic honey

*I like to use zico coconut water and drink the remainder. It has the best taste compared to other coconut water brands.  

Whisk your pumpkin, coconut water and honey in a small bowl.

Apply the mask to clean skin.

3 Let sit 10 - 15 min.

Rinse off to reveal refreshed and super hydrated skin!
Follow up by drinking the coconut water for even more skin hydrating benefits.

Why it works
The pumpkin offers gentle exfoliation as well as antioxidants and vitamins.  Zinc being one of them which promotes healing and skin regeneration. The honey is for moisturizing.  The coconut water is hydrating as well as calming to parched skin.  

I used this mask after I had been sick when my skin was suffering and it helped to restore my normal complexion quickly.

A great tip is to use a micro needle roller prior to applying your mask.  I always do this before applying a mask as it enables it to sink in and maximize the efficiency. I prefer Age Revolt's Roll and Renew.  It is of superior quality to other's I have owned.  It is an incredible beauty tool for those interested in taking steps against aging .  In case you missed my review on their products here it is!  Age Revolt Review

Also check out my DIY Botox mask!

Happy weekend ladies!







5 comments:

  1. This looks so easy and looks like it smells great too! Yum!!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I'm definitely going to give this a try!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too many ingredients = my kind of at home mask!! Trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so refreshing! Definitely want to try it and Im sure it smells so good!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment ♥ I appreciate each one and love to hear from anyone reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs