Perfect Caprese Salad!

Saturday, October 26, 2013



Perfect Caprese Salad ♥
Caprese is easily the most fabulous variety of salad you can make. It is
so simple to prepare yet really adds a pretty touch to your meal. It pairs well as a side to chicken or pasta dishes.  I love to have it for lunch. Make it a meal on it's own by serving it with some good bread, or mix in some mini shell noodles for a caprese pasta salad.  Here's the recipe

Ingredients
One Container of Cherry Tomatoes(Halved)
I suggest the brand One Sweet Tomato or Nature sweet.(Both brands always taste perfect and fresh even when tomatoes aren't in season.)
One 8 Oz Container Mozzarella Pearls or buy a fresh mozzarella ball and chop into pieces
I always use Bel Gioso( it is soooo good!)
Fresh Chopped Basil an 1/8 of a Cup(Feel free to add more if you'd like, I go light on the basil)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 splash of Fresh Lemon Juice
Herbamare Italian Blend Seasoning salt(You can find this in the organic section!)
Sea salt

Instructions
1. Place your tomatoes, mozzarella and basil in a bowl.
2.Drizzle olive oil over your salad ingredients just enough to coat.
3.Add in a splash of fresh lemon juice and mix gently.
3.Season to taste with tiny bit of Sea salt and your Herbamare seasoning.(You won't need much)

Diced red onion is also a nice addition to consider

Pour a glass of wine and Enjoy! I recommend Cupcake's Riesling.
Not only are their wine's amazing but they come in the cutest bottles!
Yes, the cuteness of the bottle plays a part in determining which wine I will choose(sometimes) and I don't think I'm the only girl that feels this way! lol








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment ♥ I appreciate each one and love to hear from anyone reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs